Thursday, September 9, 2010

just do it.

This is a new start of my life. I woke up this morning and realized I am looking at a blank slate. I have a new home, a new school, opportunities for new relationships... I am not just turning over a new page, I am starting a new book. Looking back on my high school experience I see a lot of wasted time. Too much time wishing things were different or dreading what I couldn't change. So this phase of my life will be different. 

We all have things that we wish we could do, so my question to all of us is, why are you not doing it? Write it down, make a list and then do it! When I graduate in four years I hope to leave with a lot more then just a diploma. It doesn't matter how silly you look or how stupid you may feel cause ten years down the road all that will be gone. All that will be left is whether you did or didn't; either the regrets of never having the courage to do, or the satisfaction of knowing you did.

Here is my list. It's crazy and random, but these are the things I wish i could do, and in the near future I will. My list:
-beatbox
-kickboxing
-longboard
-play guitar
-break dance
-rock climbing
-yoga
-straight A student
-I have always wanted to be able to do the splits
-Be able to do at least one pull-up
And this is only the beginning. In the meantime I want to work to improve the talents I already have and make them something to be proud of. These include tennis, piano, and singing. Just remember, nothing is out of reach. Its just a matter of asking yourself, "How bad do you want it?"


No comments:

Post a Comment